How to manage IT Networks when you can't be on-site - Why Customers like Perle SCG Console Servers (November 2020)
In a world where people are working from home or, participating in distance learning, IT Administrators are under increased pressure to ensure 24/7 network infrastructure uptime. However, given that the network administrator is also generally off-site, there is only one solution Ė Out-of-Band Management. What is it and why do you need it?
Click here to read Perle's whitepaper on OOB Management
What do users like about IOLAN SCG Console Servers for OOBM?
- "It is so easy to mix and match the USB 3.0 and RS232 RJ45 interface modules to have the right ports I need to manage all of my equipment."
- "Finally, a Console Server that allows me to use straight-through patch cables to Cisco equipment! No more adapters, dongles or special cables cluttering up my racks."
- "Perle's built-in Clustering Software gives me everything I need for centralized management with no annual licence fee and no additional hardware."
- "No matter where I install a Perle IOLAN, I know it will have the right AAA security and encryption protocols to meet the corporate compliance policies."
- "I love the Front-Panel Display and Keyboard. With a quick IP address set-up the unit is up and running. It is also a convenient way to monitor and trouble-shoot the RS232, USB, Ethernet and dual power supply activity."
Click here to find out more about the Perle SCG Console Servers